Ad Blocker or Proxy Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or VPN/Proxy.
CPEC Economic Zone in KP: The CPEC Technology City at Rashakai SEZ spans over one hundred acres of land and is aimed towards establishing a complete ecosystem for electronics manufacturing. Based on the initiative of industrial shift in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa under CPEC Projects, being located at the gateway of One-Belt One-Road (OBOR), it is anticipated that the Technology City Rashakai will provide an ideal ecosystem for Chinese firms for shifting parts of their manufacturing facilities and bring it closer to the global consumer markets while still maintaining close proximity to the supply-chain. It is opportunity for small business holders and Jobs for young educated Pakistanis.
It has a number of clusters comprising of:
- Electronic Manufacturing Cluster (EMC)
- Software Companies Cluster
- Academic Cluster
- R&D Cluster
- Non-Processing Zone
Map of the CPEC Technology City designed given below
Why Should You Invest In Rashakai CPEC Technology City?
- Emerging consumer market of 200 million population for Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS). Over 13 million smartphones are imported during 2015-2016. Similarly, approximately 300,000 to 350,000 laptop and over a million desktop computers are imported annually to Pakistan.
- KP Government Procurement Policy to procure from local manufacturers only.
- Exemption from all taxes on income for a period of 10 years.
- Exemption from custom duties and taxes on import of capital goods/plant and machinery to Special Economic Zone.
- Excellent opportunity for Chinese Universities to become part of the Technology City eco-system by setting up external campuses to teach market oriented skills in collaboration with local academic partners.
- Availability of talented workforce for Electronic manufacturing and software development.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has a large skill base of technical workforce with over 10,400 IT graduates entering the market every year. To support the CPEC investments and technological developments in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, the government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa would sponsor 300 IT graduates at the leading Electronic Manufacturing Services firms in China. The KP government plans to enter into partnership with Chinese Electronic Manufacturing Services firms for placement of these graduates.
Chinese delegation visited Rashakai CPEC Economic Zone in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. This Economic Zone is the most advance and biggest Economic Zone are under construction in Nowshra, Rashkakai KP.